Leadership is a choice. It happens when someone steps up and causes a change to happen. It happens when someone enrolls other people to help them make that change. This interactive, multi-media program is sponsored by the Entrepreneur Society of America (ESOA) and presented by international speaker, business leader, coach, mentor and radio show host Karl M. Gibbons, who will guide you through the steps to explore what the leadership choice is capable of accomplishing, what it means, and how to get there.
Learn how to:
- Distinguish between leaders and managers.
- Paint a picture of where you want your leadership journey to go, and motivate people to join you in your cause.
- Lead even when you don't have formal authority.
The program is built around 13 surprising leadership principles that challenge conventional wisdom. Through a series of interactive exercises, Karl will introduce ideas that will help you lead people to a new galaxy of possibility.
- Authority is different than responsibility.
- Future change makers need to master leadership rather than management.
- New types of work demand new types of leadership.
This course is an active journey of self-reflection. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and reflect on your priorities and the type of change you want to make, regardless of where you sit in an organization. You'll leave the experience with a Leadership Logbook documenting your ideas for getting started.
What are the requirements?
No requirements! Just motivation to step up and be a leader, regardless of the organization that you work in or your level of authority. All you need to bring is an open mind and a willingness to embrace change.
What are you going to take away from this event?
- Learn the leadership principles critical to stepping up and creating change.
- Describe a compelling vision for an alternative future.
- How to take concrete steps to lead change, regardless of your position in the organization.
- Create your own Leadership Logbook documenting your ideas for getting started as a leader.
- 1. Leadership is Not Management
- 2. Leadership DNA
- 3. Chart the Stars Before You Start
- 4. Culture is the Force
- 5. Selling the Dream
- 6. Enroll & Engage
- 7. Rule #1
- 8. Authority vs. Responsibility
- 9. Delegation NOT Abdication
- 10. Failure is Guaranteed
- 11. It's Not All About You
- 12. Help Me – Where Do I Start?
- 13. It's Your Starship
- 14. Countdown to Leadership Success
- 15. Final Thought
Coffee & assorted morning pastries provided.
Registration and networking starts at 7.30am.
Program begins at 8.00am.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Karl M. Gibbons
Karl Gibbons describes himself as leader, problem solver and rainmaker, and is one of the most dynamic speakers you will ever hear. He combines practical and impactful content with real-world experience…no theory here! Gibbons engages the audience with his passion and energy, and keeps them on the edge of their seats. His content is original, profound and battle-tested…his stuff works!
Hailed as one of the new breed of business philosophers and a world-renowned motivational speaker and mentor, Karl has documented and shared his principles and insights on leadership and management with thousands of people across 25 countries on six continents, and conducted over 50,000 coaching sessions over thousands of hours with some of the most influential organizations in the world (both small and large). As if all that were not enough, he is also co-host of “Quit & Get Rich” and “Fix It In 5” on G Team Radio, an internet business talk show syndicated on iHeart Radio.
What began as a passion to help people and businesses has grown into a mission to guide individuals and organizations along their paths to success. Gibbons helps organizations to achieve growth, build aligned teams and recession-proof their businesses.
Gibbons has been recognized as one of the foremost authorities on closing the GAP (Growth, Automation & Profit) between where you are now and where you ultimately wish to end up, making him a “go to” expert.
Here’s how one of Gibbons’s clients described working with him: “I must confess to being a little apprehensive at first by his methods but realized very quickly that his approach and his company name are in total sync - Third Eye Management sees things from a different perspective! Karl is the Simon Cowell of business advisors. Love him or hate him, you cannot ignore him! He is astute, incisive, doesn't pull his punches and is always right on the money!”
In 2002 he made Naples, Florida his home and in August 2008 he became a US Citizen. When he is not working he loves to fly hot air balloons, playing drums and collecting Beatles memorabilia.
Any Questions? Call (239) 961 0927