Topic: Networking with Purpose
Speaker: Bryon McCartney
Networking is a marketing skill that every business owner and entrepreneur should master. It's a proven, low- or no-cost method for making meaningful, face-to-face connections that can expand the reach of your business, improve sales, and/or help you find valuable partnerships. Yet, it's also a skill that many people take for granted or don't take too seriously. Bryon will share proven, simple techniques that will help anyone:
- establish relationships and get people to know, like and trust them
- always have something interesting to talk about
- know how to quickly present 'your story' to be more memorable
- develop solid follow-up skills
- how to choose which networking events are right for you
- come prepared to participate in this interactive session because networking is a contact sport!
Bryon McCartney is Managing Partner and Chief Idea Guy for the Be Brilliant!™ Marketing Team at Brilliant Lens LLC. He drives the creative and strategic development for clients' projects. Bryon's talent for branding, marketing, and story-based communication draws on his 30 years of professional experience as an award-winning graphic designer, creative director, photographer, and video producer.
Bryon started his career in Chicago and has held creative and brand leadership positions with Helene Curtiss, Unilever, and BBDO Worldwide. Before he and his wife, Kellie, moved to Southwest Florida more than four years ago, they founded, owned and operated both an award-winning creative marketing agency and the first English-language photography school in Zurich, Switzerland. Bryon and his wife have developed a wide variety of brand and marketing communications campaigns for clients around the world.